Praise for One Got Past the Keeper
‘So good it made me laugh out loud. This is not just for men but a book that gives an insight into men – told with real heart.’
Stephen Curry, AFI and Logie winning actor (The Castle, The King) and potential father
‘Babies and football could be a dangerous combination – here it is refreshingly honest and genuinely moving … I wish I’d had the chance to read this before my own son was born.’
Abe Forsythe, actor (Laid, Tripping Over, Ned), TropFest Winner and new father
‘What a great read! Great advice and very true.’
Joel ‘Parko’ Parkinson, three times winner of the Hawaiian Triple Crown of Surfing and father of three
‘I’ve never been a big fan of soccer, or the people who play it, really. That all quickly changed upon reading One Got Past the Keeper; a tremendous story of mateship, relationships and parenting. A must read for any man who is a dad, has a dad, is about to become a dad or who thinks they one day might be a dad.’
Steve Le Marquand, actor (Underbelly, Beneath Hill 60, Last Train to Freo) and recent father
‘This is just the sort of information new fathers need – stories of mateship and being blokes together that many men will recognise.’
Dr Richard Fletcher, author of The Dad Factor, leader of the Fathers and Families Research Program at the University of Newcastle and experienced father
‘Even after having two kids and being step mamma to three more – One Got Past The Keeper offered vital insight I didn’t even realise I’d been missing. Every woman entertaining ideas about breeding should read this book, it really opens up a world of compassion (and humour!) often difficult to find for our fellas during that incredible but challenging transition into parenthood. One of the easiest to devour and giving books I’ve read in a very long time.’
Mel Bampton – ex-triple J Presenter, Music & Books Editor, yen magazine and mother
Subscribe to new Posts
Fathering Posts By Author
- Jim Roberts works for local government as a skateboard and BMX coordinator.
- Yari McGauley has his own website development company, is in his early thirties...
- Ross Devine works in community development, is in his early thirties...
- Rick Fitzgerald works in marketing, is in his early forties and lives with his three kids...
- Neil Young Neil trained as an actor, but like most actors spends more time doing something else to earn money...
- Nick Foley is a naturopath, in his early thirties who lives with his partner Sally...