thought i might have a crack at writing a heartfelt poem about my child.. through the baby years to now as she is almost four.. Being Dad six years past was a different time the endless summer Beer, beach and bravado on my mind and i laughed and i laughed… the time sat waiting inviting […]
Why is it that the words to nursery rhymes are so wrong? I don’t want to sound like a prude, I’m all for mischief and silliness but many of the songs and rhymes we teach our children are really … just off. If gollywogs have been consigned the the trash can of childhood memories as a bad idea […]
Have you ever thought about the selfishness of compassion. The concept that giving and compassion, can not only help others but it can also help you feel happy within yourself. So it’s a win-win situation really, isn’t it? You not only help others but you also get rewarded yourself, in happiness. Sally bought Reuben one […]
She didn’t have a motorbike like Steve McQueen or dig a tunnel like Charles Bronson but hers was just as great an escape. She’s only 22 months old, is still in nappies, can’t really talk and walks unsteadily; yet, like the Nazi guards in Stalag Luft III during World War II, we were blissfully unaware […]
My daughter is 2 years and three months old and for almost that entire time she has struggled to get to sleep – and we have struggled to get her to sleep. Ever since she was a tiny wee baby she would get tired and seem as if she was just about to drop off […]
Subscribe to new Posts
Fathering Posts By Author
- Jim Roberts works for local government as a skateboard and BMX coordinator.
- Yari McGauley has his own website development company, is in his early thirties...
- Ross Devine works in community development, is in his early thirties...
- Rick Fitzgerald works in marketing, is in his early forties and lives with his three kids...
- Neil Young Neil trained as an actor, but like most actors spends more time doing something else to earn money...
- Nick Foley is a naturopath, in his early thirties who lives with his partner Sally...