I face a dilemma. What to sacrifice for the best of our family? My wife and I have settled in an area we love and have spent the last 8 years here; the last 3 and a half as a family. We saw it as a great place to bring up our children, a small, [...]
I recently heard a story about a little girl telling a little boy all about banking. “Youve never played banking? It’s easy” she said. First you give me your ball and I charge you every time you want to play with the ball. I’ll also charge you if you want to give the ball to [...]
I always imagined I’d be a millionaire by my mid-30′s, what with running a web development company and being on the bleeding edge of the internet, how could it not happen, sooner of later? Especially if I put in the long caffeinated hours, worked at a furiously pace and kept right at the fore front [...]
This Friday I’m looking forward to the end-of-month MUF, where a group of Dad’s get together to talk, joke and drink around a fire at a secret spot on the Brunswick River (hopefully the satanic group who setup the alter and semi-circle are a no-show again this month). Jokes aside, MUF stands for Men Understanding [...]
Last week Sally and I packed up our little house in the hills behind Byron Bay, put the dog and kid in the car and moved back to our home town, “The Goldie”. We’ve decided to rent out our house and will be looking after Sal’s dad’s place for a couple of years while he [...]
“Dad, I want french toast for breakfast” calls out April from the top bunk. Groan… time to getup, the whole family rises together in our cramped living space, a 2m by 6m Toyota Hiace van on our 3 month tour New Zealand. To make brekkie involves a complicated re-arrangement of bodies, put this leg there, [...]
It starts with the division of labour conversation. It makes sense that the person who can best earn the money earns the money and the person best equipped to stay at home and look after the baby does just that. Great if you can swap that around sometimes, but we, like a lot of people [...]
Subscribe to new Posts
Fathering Posts By Author
- Jim Roberts works for local government as a skateboard and BMX coordinator.
- Yari McGauley has his own website development company, is in his early thirties...
- Ross Devine works in community development, is in his early thirties...
- Rick Fitzgerald works in marketing, is in his early forties and lives with his three kids...
- Neil Young Neil trained as an actor, but like most actors spends more time doing something else to earn money...
- Nick Foley is a naturopath, in his early thirties who lives with his partner Sally...