Astri Lindberg is an acknowledged child psychologist in Norway. She is also the partner of my wife’s father. Recently they came to stay for a few weeks to help us out after the birth of our second child. I took the opportunity to sit down and have an informal chat with her about some issues [...]
I face a dilemma. What to sacrifice for the best of our family? My wife and I have settled in an area we love and have spent the last 8 years here; the last 3 and a half as a family. We saw it as a great place to bring up our children, a small, [...]
God I hate Christmas. Ever since last Christmas I’ve been questioning why we do Christmas at all anymore? I’m not Christian, don’t celebrate any of the religious aspects of the holiday, hate all the excessive presents and usually end up doing 3 or 4 weird-and-painful-Xmas-do’s each year. Why am I talking about Christmas in May? [...]
Dads being away from their children for periods of time is certainly not a new thing, being at work all day is one thing, but being in a different continent is a whole other story. My wife and daughter recently went away to visit relatives in the UK leaving dad back at home. As the time [...]
I always imagined I’d be a millionaire by my mid-30′s, what with running a web development company and being on the bleeding edge of the internet, how could it not happen, sooner of later? Especially if I put in the long caffeinated hours, worked at a furiously pace and kept right at the fore front [...]
This is not about becoming a dad but rather that point that I have just reached with my daughter when I am now being called dad rather that daddy. My daughter recently turned 3 and about the same time she just started calling us mum and dad, not a huge deal or anything, but it [...]
This week has been a little hard. Lets just say the moon was in the wrong quadrant or the stars were misaligned – i do live in Mullumbimby, cmon. Anyway my partner and I were have the small little niggle arguments that many couples do from time to time. During the course of the defrag [...]
Subscribe to new Posts
Fathering Posts By Author
- Jim Roberts works for local government as a skateboard and BMX coordinator.
- Yari McGauley has his own website development company, is in his early thirties...
- Ross Devine works in community development, is in his early thirties...
- Rick Fitzgerald works in marketing, is in his early forties and lives with his three kids...
- Neil Young Neil trained as an actor, but like most actors spends more time doing something else to earn money...
- Nick Foley is a naturopath, in his early thirties who lives with his partner Sally...